Jul 25 | As the APOT.Asia group prepares for the next forum in Sri Lanka, the Chairman of the country’s flag carrier, Nishantha Wickremasinghe will be will also be the new Chairman of APOT.Asia more >>
Emirates became the first international airline to open a dedicated lounge at Glasgow Airport this week.
Japan Airlines and Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. (NRI) will soon start demonstration testing of iBeacon and smartwatch for use by the airline’s airport passenger service staff.
Singapore Airlines is now offering traditional mooncake snacks in eight flavors for sale and later part of in inflight service as the airline readies for the Mid-Autumn Festival.
Boeing has developed a new Space Bin that provides more room for carry-on bags. The bins are now available as an optional feature on new next-generation 737s and 737 MAX airplanes.
Catering & Inflight Service
Jul 23 | Pressure on regional aviation and personnel costs cut into the first quarter profits of SATS, as the company reported a underlying net profit of SGD$43.4 million (US$35 million), which was 9.4% lower than the same period last year. more >>
- Jul 16 Concept Amenities receives RSPO certification
- Jul 15 Delta expands Luvo food offerings on domestic flights
IFEC & Interiors
Jul 25 | JAL becomes first airline to offer Wi-Fi to passengers onboard domestic aircraft in Japan. more >>
Jul 24 | China Eastern Airlines (CEA) has begun offering broadband connected flights over China using China Telecom Satellite aeronautical service and Panasonic Avionics Corporation’s eXConnect system. more >>
- Jul 16 Gogo adds portions of Russia to satellite coverage
- Jul 15 Asia Atlantic Airlines first in Asia to fly with SmartTray's PED-friendly tray tables
Jul 25 | Guests setting sail with Norwegian Cruise Line will have more choices and flexibility in the line’s complimentary dining venues. more >>
Jul 24 | Passengers on the new cruise-ferry service between Portland, Maine and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia can indulge in sumptuous cuisine prepared by some of the regions’ most renowned chefs. more >>
- Jul 14 Carnival Cruise Lines signs exclusive agreement with Cigar City Brewing
- Jul 11 Ron Schroeder retires after 37 years at MillerCoors
Airline & Terminal
Jul 25 | After finding success with their first Airspresso Café, business partners open second outlet in Queenstown. more >>
- Jul 24 London Gatwick opens new concept lounge in North Terminal
- Jul 22 SSP makes changes in North American operations