Rockwell Collins honors 2018 Class of Fellows
Now in its fifth edition, the Rockwell Collins Fellows program recognizes the work of engineers who have shown leadership, innovative thinking and technical expertise. The latest round of inductees was honored on June 13 in a special ceremony with company leadership representatives and members of the first four classes of Fellows in attendance.
“Our Fellows are helping our company achieve industry-changing moments, historic wins and barrier-breaking technology that’s yet to come,” said Nan Mattai, senior vice president of Engineering & Information Technology, in a June 14 statement from the seating company. “I’m extremely proud of their accomplishments.”
The Class of 2018 Fellows are:
- Joseph Graf, principal systems engineer in Airborne and Ground Communications Products for Government Systems in Cedar Rapids, whose work has been published in multiple industry conference papers and has developed numerous courses for Rockwell Collins employees.
- Patrick Morrissey, senior security engineering manager for Commercial Systems Cyber Security Engineering in Cedar Rapids. Morrissey was heavily involved in creating processes that strengthen digital edge devices against cyber attacks.
- Warren Prasuhn, principal systems engineer in Safety Programs and Process for Commercial Systems in Cedar Rapids and a leader in industry guidance surrounding the safety processes of civil airborne systems and equipment.
- Karl Shepherd, principal systems engineer in Airborne Solutions for Government Systems in Cedar Rapids. Shepherd is a technical expert in emerging open systems architecture standards as well as in the advancement of automation and autonomy technology.
- Joel Wichgers, principal systems engineer in Precision Positioning and Guidance for Engineering & Information Technology in Cedar Rapids, is internationally recognized as a technical expert in communication, navigation and surveillance (CNS) systems and precision approach and landing guidance systems.
For more information on each of the recipients of this year's honor, visit Rockwell Collins website.