JOB POST: Full time journalist, PAX Magazines
Full time journalist - PAX International and PAX Tech
Are you passionate about delivering hard-hitting industry news in a professional, concise and accurate manner? Do you relish the chance to push yourself outside of your comfort zone with challenging revenue goals? Do you love working with clients and live by the motto that if they are happy, you are happy?
As we continue to expand our print and digital media initiatives, we are seeking a full-time journalist to help grow our publications, both through in-depth industry reporting and business development.
This is a chance for a highly motivated individual to join a unique company. The position will primarily involve interviewing, feature/news writing, building relationships with advertisers, brainstorming ideas for promotional emails, contributing editorial ideas and being available to travel to international events and trade shows. Reliability, honesty, punctuality and determination are traits which are taken seriously at our company.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to project a professional image to our clientele
- Minimum three years of experience in editorial, preferably in trade publishing
- Experience assembling magazines from concept to press
- Comfort with all forms of digital communication, including websites and social media
- Google Ad Manager experience an asset
- Great organizational abilities as well as strong computer skills
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt in a constantly evolving publishing business
- Write news and feature articles under tight deadlines
- Interview subjects by phone, email and during trade shows
- Ability to develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Prioritize and meet challenging production schedules
- Attend industry events and conferences, including international travel
- Maintain detailed records
- Work well in a team environment
- Friendly, social and outgoing personality
Interested parties should please send resume to Jane Hobson, Managing Editor: email@example.com