Air France launches new menus for front cabin
Until October, Air France will be serving meals created by French chefs Michel Roth and Anne-Sophie Pic in its long-haul La Première and Business cabins on flights departing from Paris.
Working with seasonal produce, vegetarian products, red and white meat and fish, the chefs have created refined dishes for the airline's passengers to enjoy over the coming months. Through the year, Air France will also be taking several steps to reduce waste and add more sustainable cabin products.
Michelin-starred chef Michel Roth, Bocuse d'or and Meilleur Ouvrier de France, has created a new series of French, gourmet and refined dishes for customers in the La Première cabin. The chef has created an appetizer, a starter and eight dishes that will gradually be on the menu of the airline's La Première cabin:
- Caviar Sturia accompanied by a pancake with smoked fish cream as and appetizer
- Lobster medallion, green asparagus and raspberry vinaigrette starter
- Tender beef, pan-seared foie gras with a truffle sauce, stir-fried asparagus and porcini mushrooms;
- Oven-cooked verbena veal, vegetable and morel mushrooms;
- Chicken supreme with rosemary, fine sweet pepper tart and stuffed zucchini;
- Chicken supreme with olives and black truffles, poivrade artichokes and macaroni gratin;
- Quinoa with candied lemon, summer vegetables and basil creme;
- Truffled polenta, green vegetables, mint pea coulis with carrot jus;
- Fillet of brill in a shellfish jus accompanied by simmered green vegetables and mussels;
- Shrimp in lobster sauce perfumed with tarragon, red rice and baby spinach.
The La Première cabin is available this summer on flights to Los Angeles, Miami, New York-JFK, San Francisco, Washington DC (United States), Mexico City (Mexico), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Johannesburg (South Africa), Dubai (United Arab Emirates) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
Michelin-starred Anne-Sophie Pic's menu in the Business cabin:
- Braised beef, potato mousseline, plum chutney and tarragon breadcrumbs;
- Roast chicken, spelt risotto, courgettes with green cardamom;
- Saithe with seaweed, lovage sauce, Camargue red rice, spinach and fennel compote;
- Artichoke barigoule, creamy polenta, smoked vanilla Burrata, tangy tomato coulis;
- Poached saithe with curry and coconut milk sauce, black rice;
- Beef stew with coffee and sweet onion consommé;
- Chicken with tonka bean sauce and creamy polenta with mushrooms ;
- Seashell pasta, chard and lemon coulis, lightly smoked goat cheese cream, roasted pumpkin seeds.
By the end of the year, Air France will be offering 100 percent French meat, dairy products and eggs, as well as sustainably caught fish, on all its flights from Paris and in all cabins. A vegetarian dish will also be offered and all meals will be prepared entirely in France. The company favors local and seasonal produce and encourages sustainable farming. The children and infant menus will be made exclusively from organically grown produce.