ANA Catering unit honored for hygiene standards
ANA Catering Service Co., Ltd., which supplies meals for All Nippon Airways as well as a growing number of other customers, was awarded November 30 the "Meritorious Award" for Best Food Hygiene for its Kawasaki In-Flight Catering Facility which serves Tokyo's Haneda International Airport.
Every year, the Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare awards facilities that have made remarkable achievements to improve and maintain high levels of food hygiene and standards, and promote the growth of the food industry. This award is based on the evaluation of recent achievements and past acknowledged accomplishments. Since the opening of the ANA Kawasaki In-Flight Catering Facility in 2011, ANA Catering Service has received two awards, the Kawasaki Mayor's Award and the Japan Food Hygiene Association Chairman's Award. The latest award from the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare is the highest and most prestigious award to date.
To be eligible for this award, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be in business for at least 10 years
- Have its facility constructed and in use for a least three years
- Have an average score of 95 points or higher in the the "Food Sanitation Monitoring Audits" of for the past three years
- Have a recognized willingness and capability for facility improvements
- Have a high-quality employee health management system in place
- Previously received awards from the Prefectural Government, Municipal Government, or the Japan Food Hygiene Association.
“ANA Catering Service is committed to the highest standards of hygiene and safety, and to provide customers with the best possible meals and services while continuing to provide an environment in which each and every employee proudly follows our motto of ‘"Caring, sparkling, and Japan Quality,”’ said a release from the caterer.