Delta A321neo to debut with Recaro Seating
Delta’s A321neo, slated for delivery in late 2020, will feature domestic First Class seats from Recaro with more privacy, more comfort, larger screens and superior stowage.
“As an industry leader in innovation, we are always looking for new ways to improve the overall customer experience,” said Mauricio Parise, Delta’s Managing Director of Product Development in yesterday’s announcement. “Customer insights were instrumental to the new design, and we spent hundreds of hours listening to customers so that we could respond with thoughtful improvements. We’ve completely customized every feature on the seat to create a truly unique, premium seating product for domestic First Class.”
The airline also partnered Factorydesign, using customer feedback and industry trends, to develop the next generation of domestic First Class cabin seats.
Delta's new seat design will bring elements of the international travel experience on widebody aircraft to domestic routes.
Highlights of Delta’s A321neo First Class seats include:
- A fixed headrest allowing increased privacy and better sleep without compromising seat width or space
- A larger and sturdier tray table, including 25 percent more workspace
- Three times more volume for storing personal items and devices, including dedicated laptop stowage and water bottle stowage
- Passenger-facing power ports and enhanced memory-foam cushions for added comfort
- A high-definition monitor
Delta has 100 firm orders and 100 options for the A321neo. The airline will configure the A321neo to a total of 194 seats including seating for 20 in First Class, 42 in Delta Comfort+ and 132 in the main cabin.