Ideation Hub launches at AIX Hamburg
An Ideation Hub will be joining the lineup of must-see events at this year's AIX, running from April 10 to 12 at the Hamburg Messe in Hamburg, Germany.
The Hub, a new feature of AIX 2018, provides an opportunity for attendees to collaborate and synthesize across the supply chain, with sessions taking inspiration from ‘related worlds’ to help spark innovations that will provide future customers with a more seamless passenger experience, according to a March 21 press release from the show organizers.
Polly Magraw, Exhibition Director of the Aircraft Interiors Expo, commented in the release: “The Aircraft Interiors Expo has become known as the global showcase for innovation in the passenger experience. The Ideation Hub we are introducing this year will take this to the next dimension as we work with attendees including engineers, designers and innovators to foster collaboration within the industry at AIX.
“As we approach our 20th anniversary next year, we are reaffirming our commitment to creating an event that celebrates innovation at every stage – from the initial ideas to fully established products – and the Ideation Hub will form a key element of this moving forward.”
Fifty new exhibiting companies will be joining this edition of the expo, including Ametek MRO, 3D Systems, General Aerospace GmbH, Konrad Hornschuch AG, STS Component Solutions, Tekspan and Vanema. Returning exhibitors include Acro, Gogo, HAECO, Inmarsat, Molon Labe, Panasonic Avionics and Thales.
New product innovations will be unveiled at many stands at this year’s show, including:
- Bucher will display a new space-saving galley and front-row monument combination
- Inflight Canada will introduce the new FAST USB power system being installed on British Airways’ A320 family fleet
- Juki will show the first digital sewing system for heavy-duty seating
- Mirus will present new developments of its Hawk economy seating platform including IFE and power systems
- Molon Labe is unveiling its S1: Space Seat, which is a non-sliding version of its Side-Slip Seat to target the short-range market
- Soisa's Glowing Experience will be on hand, which integrates ambient lighting into the seat cover
- Vision Systems will highlight their second-generation electronically dimmable window
- WiFi Technologies is officially releasing its Aviator WiFi private sitcom network, an innovation that allows cockpit and cabin crew to use their own tablets as full mobile satcom terminals during flight
An expanded FlightGlobal CabinSpace LIVE programme will also be on tap. This event, held April 10 and 11, provides delegates the opportunity to sit in on discussions between industry leaders regarding the latest trends and insights.
Topics of discussion include consolidation and the interiors supply chain, the future of inflight entertainment and predictive maintenance and the connected aircraft. Speakers will include representatives from Lufthansa Technik, Delta Air Lines, Hong Kong Airlines and Bluebox Aviation, plus a market outlook briefing from FlightGlobal’s Ascend consultancy.
Attendees will also witness innovations from year’s Crystal Cabin Awards firsthand on April 12 at 11 am in the CabinSpace Live Seminar Theatre, Hall B3 Upper.