Air France announces new business class seat
Air France has unveiled a new Business Class seat, following a €500 million investment in its aircraft.
Air France also engaged customers, company employees, designers, and ergonomic experts in the seat’s design.
In total, 2,102 fully flat seat beds will be installed between June 2014 and summer 2016 on 44 Boeing 777 aircraft, the core of Air France’s long-haul fleet.
Every detail has been specially modelled to give the seat its unique design including direct aisle access for each passenger.
Business Class passengers can experience the “cocoon”, with luxurious finishing touches such as leather upholstery and topstitching.
A 16-inch high definition touch screen offers more than 1,000 hours of entertainment, with an intuitive navigation experience similar to a tablet.
Specially designed for Air France, this seat was developed in collaboration with Zodiac Aerospace, a world leader in the manufacture of aircraft seats.
Its unique design was created by designer Mark Collins of Design Investment and by the design and branding agency, Brandimage.
Other details include:
- A seat that converts into a completely flat bed
- Direct aisle access for every passenger
- An enveloping structure of curves, providing a feeling of privacy
- A seat that features all of the latest technology: a wide high definition touch screen, a touch screen handset, electrical outlet, USB port and new noise-reduction headphones
- A padded headboard, an Air France signature feature
- An adjustable soft leather headrest
- Space and multiple storage areas close at hand
- A delicate-to-the-touch duvet, a XXL feather down pillow.